ASM is one of the leading Chartered Accountancy and Business Advisory practices in Ireland. We are a member of Crowe Horwath International, a worldwide group of independent accountancy firms with over 560 offices and 26,250 partners and staff in more than 100 countries worldwide and which is ranked among the top international professional services firms. At ASM our most important asset is our people. Our greatest strengths are teamwork and individuality.
Accounts Technician (Magherafelt Office)
ASM is seeking to recruit a qualified accounting technician to further expand our Magherafelt Office
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is IATI qualified, with experience in a similar position, to join a well-respected accountancy firm.
Key Responsibilities and Roles:
- Preparing VAT returns
- Payroll for external clients
- Company secretarial work
- Monthly bank reconciliations
What do we look for?
- IATI qualified,
- Background of working in accountancy practice. (preferable but not essential)
- Recent experience and good working knowledge of Sage Payroll
- Competent In all aspects of Microsoft office
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines individually and as part of a team
- Clean Driving license and own transport
Please forward your CV to Irene Spillane: irene.spillane @asmmagherafelt.com or contact Irene on 028 7930 1777 for more information.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29th December 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Tax Advisor (Magherafelt Office)
Reporting directly to the senior management team, the successful candidate will be involved in tax planning for clients of the firm across all the main tax headings.
- Work closely with the senior management team to identify planning opportunities for clients.
- Deliver pro-active tax advice for the firms’ clients.
- Prepare and execute remuneration planning, capital taxes planning, HMRC clearance applications, group reconstructions, planning memoranda and step plans.
- Liaise with HMRC in relation to tax enquiries.
Education / Experience:
- Hold a current CTA or ACCA/ ICAI qualification with at least 1 years’ relevant post qualification experience.
- Be passionate about client service.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Well organised and have the ability to multi task.
- Ability to work well using initiative, problem solving when required.
- Ability to work to deadlines individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment, hard-work, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Thrives in a fast-moving environment and enjoys new challenges.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Irene Spillane at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 29 December 2017**
ASM is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.